*CLOSED* Come work with us! We are hiring an Intermediate Graphic Designer
February 11, 2021
nonfiction studios is a boutique design and communications agency located in Calgary, Alberta. We specialize in developing strong brands, delivering brilliant creative and building custom websites and web applications. We are a small group, but we think big.
We’re looking for a hard-working, Intermediate Graphic Designer to join our team for a 1-year term.
The ideal candidate is energetic, has a positive attitude, and is comfortable working on projects independently, but can still work under direction or as part of a group.
You will work collaboratively with designers, developers and project managers on a wide variety of creative and digital projects for a diverse client base.
What you will be doing
- Thoughtfully contributing to brainstorming and ideation strategy sessions
- Developing and executing creative strategies for marketing campaigns and social media
- Creating and articulating meaningful design concepts for logos, branding, financial reports, marketing materials, campaigns and more
- Production and file preparation for print-ready artwork/projects
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years of agency experience
- A strong visual design portfolio that shows a range of relevant work
[please provide a PDF portfolio or link to a portfolio website]
- A diploma or degree in graphic design, or related field
[preference will be given to those who demonstrate experience working on complex financial documents and annual reports]
- Highly experienced working with Adobe Creative Suite programs
[specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop]
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
[specifically Word and PowerPoint]
- A strong attention to detail and appreciation for pixel-perfect work
- Strong communication and organization skills that translates into proper and consistent file structures and naming conventions
Nice to haves
- Experience working on motion graphics and video
[specifically in After Effects]
- Comfortable working on digital projects, including creating thoughtful wireframes and comprehensive design flats to hand off to development
[specifically in Adobe XD or Figma]
- Working knowledge of Google Web Designer and experience building dynamic display ads
- 1-year term, with possible extension to be negotiated after a 12-month period
- 3 days per week, 9am-5pm hours
- Remote working option during the pandemic
What’s in it for you?
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A strong emphasis on work life balance
- Occasional office dogs
We are a fun, dynamic group of people who like to get things done. We believe in finding the right “fit”, and we know that personality and culture are just as important as effort and ambition. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be the next nonfiction-ite, send an email to email@example.com with your resume, portfolio and a few details about why you’d be a great teammate!