Come work with us! We’re hiring an Intermediate Full Stack Developer
March 11, 2022
We are looking for a Full Stack developer to join our team – someone experienced with a wide range of software development practices and willing and eager to explore new technologies.
The successful candidate is competent on the command line, experienced with Linux hosting and deployment, including logging, monitoring and performance tuning. This means you should should already know how to use ssh, git, wp, composer, npm and docker from the terminal. Please include a link to your Github account so we can review a sample of your code.
You’ll work alongside designers, developers and project managers, collaborate on developing and deploying websites, and build custom web applications and CMS’s for our diverse client base.
Skills and Expertise
- Backend: PHP7+, Ruby, shell scripts
- WordPress 5+: theme/plugin development, comfort with the Block Editor and building custom block & post types
- Command line: git, docker, docker swarm, mysql, apache2, nginx and the standard UNIX utilities found in a terminal environment
- Deployment: spin up servers on Digital Ocean, configure DNS, launch websites, and recovery during unexpected downtime
- Collaborate with our team of designers and developers to launch new features
- Basic knowledge of design apps (XD, Figma, Photoshop, etc)
- A good understanding of the technical components of SEO, analytics and digital marketing
What’s in it for you?
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A strong emphasis on work life balance
- Hybrid work-from-home / office model
- Colorful, lunchtime banter
- Butchered song lyrics
- Occasional office dogs
- Competitive remuneration based on experience
Tentative start date of April 4th (can be negotiated).
Note: We traditionally worked at the office full time, but have been working from home for the past two years. However, this April our team will transition to a hybrid model, working from the office 3 days per week and from home 2 days per week.
We are a fun, fast-paced and dynamic group of people who like to get things done. We think personality and culture fit are just as important as hard work and ambition. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a nonfictionite, please apply through our posting on indeed.ca.