Come work with us! We’re hiring an Intermediate Full Stack Web Developer
May 5, 2023
We are looking for an Intermediate Full-Stack Web Developer to join our team. If you are a skilled developer, exceptional problem solver, and someone who is eager to explore new technologies we’d like to meet you.
Skills and Expertise
- Experience with WordPress 5+ (not off-the-shelf templates but custom development): theme/plugin development, comfort with the Block Editor and building custom block & post types; experience with Advanced Custom Fields, WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, and Yoast SEO are also an asset.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, XD).
- Familiarity with command line: git, docker, docker swarm, mysql, apache2, nginx and the standard UNIX utilities found in a terminal environment.
- Experience with deployment: spin up servers on Digital Ocean, configure DNS, launch websites, and recovery during unexpected downtime.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that websites will adhere to them.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and research skills.
What’s in it for you?
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A strong emphasis on work life balance
- Hybrid work-from-home / office model
- Colorful, lunchtime banter
- Butchered song lyrics
- Occasional office dogs
- Competitive remuneration based on experience
- Tentative start date of June 1, 2023 (can be negotiated).
We traditionally worked at the office full time, but have been working from home for the past two years. Presently, our team is on a hybrid model, working from the office 3 days per week and from home 2 days per week.
We are a fun, fast-paced and dynamic group of people who like to get things done. We think personality and culture fit are just as important as hard work and ambition. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a nonfictionite, please apply through our posting on indeed.ca.